The most famous trekking route in the world is K2 base camp, a strenuous and demanding but rewarding as well. Starting from Skardu, the capital of Baltistan, we cross Shigar, a lush green fertile and fruit laden valley and drive as far as Askole, the road head and the last dwelling before entering into the Galen Rowell’s ‘throne room of the mountain gods‘.
Walking on the treacherous but panoramic Baltoro Glacier, we see several famous and beautiful mountains en route. Finally we arrive at Concordia, the junction of Baltoro and Godwin Austin Glaciers with several other tributaries and a place serving as the base for the four giants of Karakurums, i.e. Gasherbrum II ( 8035m ), Broad Peak ( 8047m ) and Hidden Peak or Gasherbrum I ( 8068m ) dominated by the king of the mountains, K-2 ( 8611m ).
The beauty of the place has no match in the world and the view of K2 is gorgeous. The return journey is possible via the same route or crossing the Ghondoghoro La, a technical pass at 5650 meters, offering a good challenge to epic enthusiasts. This route leads to Hushe, another picturesque valley of Baltistan and we drive to Skardu visiting Khaplu, the famous sub division of the area, noted for its old buildings of a castle and a mosque.
- Day 01: Arrival Islamabad Hotel
- Day 02: Drive to Chilas Hotel
- Day 03: Drive to Skardu Hotel
- Day 04: Drive to Askole Camp
- Day 05: Trek to Korofong Camp
- Day 06: Trek to Bardumal Camp
- Day 07: Trek to Paiju Camp
- Day 08: Trek to Khuburche Camp
- Day 09: Trek to Trek to Urdukus Camp
- Day 10: Trek to Goro II Camp
- Day 11: Trek to Concordia Camp
- Day 12: Optional day hike to K-2 Base Camp or rest day Camp
- Day 13: Trek to Ali Camp Camp
- Day 14: Trek to Khispang over Gondogoro La Camp
- Day 15: Trek to Siacho Camp
- Day 16:: Trek to Hushe Camp
- Day 17: Drive to Skardu Hotel
- Day 18: Flight to Islamabad or drive to Chilas (if no flight) Hotel
- Day 19: Free day or drive to Chilas to Islamabad) Hotel
- Day 20: Reserve day Hotel
- Day 21: Drive to Airport for homebound flight