The large green Thalle Valley leads Northwest from Shyok river which is about 15 km West of Khaplu. The Thalle La is one of the few nonglaciated passes and one of the easiest in Baltistan.
- Day 1: Skurdu – Khasumik. Jeep drive to Khasumik. Khasumik is a large village at an altitude of 3400 m with narrow streets and a carved mosque. Overnight in tent.
- Day 2: Khasumik – Dubla Khan. After a 4 – 5 hours walk we camp at a shepherd settlement in Dubla Khan. At Dubla Khan the valley divides. The Northern branch leads to Tusserpo Pass 5084 m, the Western branch to the Thalle Pass. Overnight in camp.
- Day 3: By foot we cross the Thallela Pass 4572 m to Daserpa which takes us 7 – 8 hours. From the top of the pass one can have a view of the Western part of the Masherbrum Range and Mangu Gusar. Daserpa is an ideal campsite, which is a summer shepherd settlement place. Overnight in camp.
- Day 4: Restday to enjoy the views of the Karakorum ranges and the beautiful pastures. Overnight in camp.
- Day 5: Daserpa to Shigar (5 – 6 hours walk). The path down is excellent. On the way down we shall have a visit of a pegoda shaped mosque with delicate carvings and the old palace of Raja of Shigar. Drive to Skardu by jeep. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 6: Flight or drive to Islamabad. Transfer to hotel where we stay overnight.
- Day 7: Transfer to the airport for onward flight. Khuda hafiz.